Woohoo! Summer is here. Sunny days, vacations, beach, grilling, picnics, road trips, swimming, long walks….and a lot more! Summer is an amazing time of year. Finally, you can put away your jackets, boots, and sweaters and go out with only a dress and flip-flops. As great as that sounds, we know you can do a little better to stay cool. Here in BackInStyle.com we love summer and of course, all summer accessories! We have prepared for you some fashion tips you can’t miss, while enjoying this beautiful season!
Summer hats are the essential for this upcoming hot season. A vintage hat can add glamorous style to your outfit and at the same time it is one of the best way to stay cool and protected from the sun. So get ready and top off your beach outfit with something chic. There are so many different varieties of hats you can choose from: Fedora, Cowboy, Panama or Classic sun hat…
Straw and raffia hats with wide brims are perfect for a day at the beach. Raffia is highly durable and protective from the sun. You can get your wide brim straw hat in many different colors and styles as well, which allows you to add fun unexpected detail to your beach ensemble. We promise, you will look amazing!
Heading on a road trip or to a festival? Make sure you bring your hat! Cowboy hats are back in fashion and can look great with jeans, cutoffs, tank tops or boho-chic dresses!
Yes, we know some scarves are for cold winter time, but not all of them! Vintage silk scarves are perfect for summer because they are light, soft and breathable And the best part is, there are a ton of ways to wear them:
- Get inspired by Jackie Kennedy Onassis and try a head scarf! Wear it with oversized sunglasses (read on for Vintage Sunglasses) to create an amazingly classic and chic look.
- You can also wear large silk scarves as a top or as a mini skirt! Get creative and don’t be afraid to experiment, especially as a bathing suit coverup.
- Scarves make great hair accessories as well. Try tying it as head wrap to create that true boho-chic look.
- Bring your printed silk scarf on your next romantic evening walk and as it gets colder, wear it over your shoulder instead of a cardigan.
- Do you have a boring and old looking hat somewhere in your closet? It’s time to bring it out and wrap your beautiful scarf around it.
Okay, this is a no brainer, we wear sunglasses year round down here in Miami. The only difference is that in summer, the sunglasses get to be a lot more fun! A brightly colored pair of oversized vintage sunglasses both protects you from the sun and gives you a chance to add an accent color to your outfit. Or, use a pair with frames in the same color family as your outfit for a stylish, monochromatic look. People tend to notice faces first, so your sunglasses are sure to jump out at people!